The best engraving pen will let you easily and accurately engrave on a surface such as metal, wood, plastic, glass, stone, ceramic, etc. You could engrave your name, someone’s name, animal, flower, anything that you want.
People also buy this in order to mark their belongings. You could also use this to mark your measuring tools such as your ruler.
Some tools are impossible to get marked using a conventional marker. Here is the advantage of a pen engraver. Once you mark your measuring tools with this engraver, it will be there forever. It’s easy to fade out.
In fact, there are 3 types of engraver: laser engraver, corded engraver, and cordless engraver. One of the examples of the cordless engraver is the engraving pen. It looks like a pen; small, slim, and portable. It feels ergonomic in the palm of our hand.
This engraving tool is typically powered by batteries to run the small motor that rotates the engraving bit. That said, it’s cordless. But sometimes you’ll also find it powered by AC power which means corded.
Okay. That’s all. Here is the core. Since you landed here, perhaps you are looking for the best engraving pen. Fortunately, you are in the right place. Here is the list of our top 10 picks for the best engraving pen that we compile from the market. You can choose from one of the engravers that suit your needs.
Top 10 Picks for the Best Engraving Pen
1. Dremel 8050-N/18 Cordless Professional Engraving Pen [Best Overall]
We are sure that you will like this first option. Despite it’s actually a rotary tool, but, for engraving, this is absolutely the great one. As we know that Dremel is an excellent brand for this sort of tool.
Dremel 8050-N/18 cordless rotary tool kit is a complete engraving kit, that comes with docking stand, engraving pen, and polisher. It is a complete package you require when you are interested in engraving glass, wood, ceramic, and jewelry. It also has some new LED features, that indicates the variation of the speed of the Dremel 8050-N/18 Micro Cordless Rotary Tool Kit.
It’s suitable for engraving, wood carving, sanding, polishing, cutting plus 18 accessories. In terms of engraving, there are three different bits available numbered 105, 125, and 191. You can check it out here. It uses an 8 V lithium rechargeable battery.
- Cordless engraving pen
- Rotary Speed: 5,000 to 25,000 rpm
- 8 V lithium-ion battery power
- Rechargeable and available with its battery charger
- Adjustable speed for different use
- Complete accessories for various application
2. Afantti Pen Engraver Kit with Scriber, 30 Bits & 8 Stencils
This is a complete pen engraver kit you have to buy. It offers an engraving pen and one scriber etcher with extra 30 different bits and 8 stencils for creativity. The scriber will be useful when the main engraver is suddenly out of power.
What we like from the engraver itself is the speed adjuster which you can set as you want from the range of 3.000 to 20.000 RPM. That being said, the Afantti micro engraver pen works on various speeds for different materials, such as glass, ceramic, or wood. You can easily control it for proper comfort in our handgrip.
The main downside comes from short corded. It’s corded and short. Overall, this is a nice tool to purchase overall.
- Adjustable speed from 3.000 to 20.000 rpm
- 30 bits (10 pointed bits, 5 round bits, 4 jujube-shaped bits, and 11 flat bits)
- Extra scriber pen
- 100-240V AC power
3. Parateck Electric Engraving Pen with Diamond Tip Bit
Unlike most engravers mentioned here, the Parateck pen engraver comes with an on/off switch which makes it stand up against the others amazingly. As a result, this switch will allow your fingers to engrave freely. You don’t need to press on the power button continuously in order for the tool to work. It will let your finger does the switch once and let the bit spins around.
Uniquely, the battery is separated. To turn it on, you need to plug the battery box to the engraver first. The box contains 4 AA batteries. It will power the motor to provide 18.000 RPM speed.
Having a plan to personalize a gift package for your loved one? Do you want to engrave a piece of jewelry for them? This tool is suitable for that. It is easy to use most importantly.
- 18.000 RPM
- ON/OFF switch
- Diamond tip bit
- Battery-powered engraver
4. Folai Engraving Pen Diamond Tip Bit
Folai pen engraver is a simple tool. It uses battery so you are free of plugging it to the outlet. Simply push the red button and hold. The diamond tip bit will rotate and engrave or etched the object’s surface that you want.
The speed it provides is greatly amazing 21.000 RPM. As claimed, it is generated by the motor made of Japanese. However, in terms of speed, for this kind of pen-like engraver tool, it is quite amazed.
Are you looking for the best engraving pen for glass and ceramic? This Folai will work best for you. The speed is suitable for those objects. It also can be used for DIY jewelry designing.
- 21,000 RPM
- Two AAA batteries
- 3/32-inch diamond tip bit
5. IMT Tungsten Carbide Scriber Pen with Clip and Magnet
The IMT tungsten carbide tip scriber is another engraving pen on the list. It is actually a pen scriber due to no use of a motor to engrave. Simply, the tip material, tungsten carbide, is highly reliable to scratch the metal. So, if you are looking for an engraver for metal, this is an ideal choice. In addition, in the case of the engraving of glass or ceramics, this handy pen will help as well.
This IMT pen scriber comes with a pack of two other replacement tips to help you design and illustrate easily. It also comes with a magnet; this will help you clean out the small bits and residue, as soon as after you engrave. The clip is a nice feature that will make stay in your pocket and you can get it as soon as you want.
- Tungsten Carbide Tip
- No electrical power needed
- Simple and durable
6. General Tools 505 Cordless Precision Engraver Diamond Tip
The General Tools 505 is an engraving tool that works best for professionals as well as the people who want to experiment themselves. It is a compact pen, that you can easily grip. Due to the speed ROM, this one is ideal for glass, watches, toys, and jewelry. It comes with a diamond bit tip, that will help you design precisely.
- 20,000 RPM
- Two AAA batteries
- 3/32-inch diamond tip bit
7. Senma Engraving Pen with 5 Replaceable Diamond Tip Bits
Senma actually has a similar look like the Folai above. However, it comes with more complete pieces of equipment for you. The 5 replacement diamond tip bits will cover your work in case the main bit is lost and wear. It also comes with batteries so you don’t need to buy it again.
This pen-shape engraver tool offers a great speed of 21.000 RPM. It’s actually suitable for any application but preferred to use for glass engraving. The motor is made of Japanese machinery that lasts longer. It is safe to use, comes with a fingertip hold button. Moreover, it comes with a diamond tip bit.
- 21,000 RPM
- Two AAA batteries
- There are 6 diamond tip bits 3/32-inch
8. AxPower with Scriber, 30 Bits, 6 Polishing Head & 16 Stencils
The AxPower Electric Micro Engraver Pen is the best purchase that you can have. This tool comes with a set of various bit shapes needed for professionals. You could freely choose from according to the surface of your workpiece.
It has a feature that will let you adjust the speed easily. That said, set to low speed for engraving metal or wood. To engrave glass or ceramic surfaces, you need to add up the speed.
The AxPower engraving pen ensures you great quality, durability, and reliability. It will work for you amazingly, for engraving the jewelry. If you are new to engraving. You can use this pen. The AxPower is easy to hold and provides a firm grip. It is also compact and portable, which will not disappoint you with quality.
- 3,000 to 20,000 RPM
- 10 pointed bits, 5 round bits, 4 jujube-shaped bits, 11 flat bits, 6 different style polishing head with sanding ring
- Adjustable speed roller
9. Tacklife Rechargeable 3-Speed Engraving Pen
Tacklife is a popular brand. In this case, we have one of their best products. This Tacklife engraving pen is actually a rotary tool. However, after some inspection, we see this one is suitable to enter the list.
It has 3 changeable speeds: 5000rpm, 10000rpm, 15000rpm that you could switch according to the object surface you are working on. Like other engraving pens, this one is cordless. The power source is from the rechargeable battery that you can be plugged in with a USB cable.
If you are going to use this for marking your name on your belongings, surely it’s able to do it. This comes with 31 accessories including several bit that you could select to suit the job. We really recommend you to try this one. It doesn’t cost you a lot of bucks. The last time we saw, it is less than $30. Considering the brand name, quality determines the price.
- 3 speeds: 5000, 10000, and 15000 RPM
- 1 x 3.7 V rechargeable lithium battery
- more than 10 bits
10. Jielite Rechargeable Engraving Pen with Battery Charger
Jielite engraving pen is an electric engraver which is nice to consider. It can be recharged easily. You can use this for your DIY projects. It’s cordless, portable, and easy to carry around. You can easily handle and grip it due to its ideal diameter size.
It comes with a set of other engraving accessories to help you expand your creativity. The bit tips that come with it will be very helpful to handle different things on the surface. Nicely, the battery charger is available to regain power.
- Speed: 11.000 RPM
- 18650 3.7 V Lithium battery
- the battery charger
- 16 pieces of accessories tools
How to Choose Engraving Pen
- RPM – Consider this to decide whether you are comfortable with the stronger RPM or the lower one. The more RPM, the more chance it’s not stable in your grip. However, the most RPM in engraving pen is considered okay in people’s hand. Moreover, low speed is usually used for metal or wood, while the fast speed is for glass or ceramic.
- Ergonomic – An ergonomic engraving pen will make your hand gripping it comfortable in spite of long work. The barrel should not too wide in diameter or too small.
- Power Button – Some pen engravers need the users to push on the power button along time. This might be annoying due to finger fatigue. We prefer the model that has an on/off button. Once the on button is pressed, you can happily engrave until you turn it off to shut it down.
- Battery – The battery type of a certain pen engraver can be sometimes not easy to find for replacement. You may need to consider this when needs simple purchasing for the battery replacement.
- Tip Bit Material – The bit material is highly important because it determines its capability to etch on any surface material.
- Tip Bit Size – The more taper the bit, the more precise the line it engraves. The round bit may work better for a specific surface while the other bit is not.
Final Verdict: What is the Best One?
In short, Dremel 8050-N/18 is the best engraving pen overall that we pick for you. It might cost you more but it can be used for other uses. In a single tool, you can save money. In the case of engraving, the speed is adjustable and has a wider range. It lets you easily choose from either low or high speed to engrave. Most importantly, this product is of high quality.
However, for occasional use, we know that the entry-level engraving pen is decent. There are lots of models to pick out but Afantti seems the finest one. It also has adjustable speed and a complete set of equipment.
You are already familiar with the best engraving pens in the list above. You can easily get your hands on the amazingly working engraving pens. The collection above has a high-quality and will make sure you can engrave with precision. You will not be disappointed to invest your money in any of these engraving pens.