The I-beam spirit level gives you a more lightweight option rather than the box beam model. Although lightweight, if you purchase the best one that offers you good material and quality build, it will be durable to use in harsh environments. Jobs such as builders in construction will thank this stuff.
Are you searching for the best I-beam spirit level? When considering getting a beam level, are you feeling unsure about which level model you should prefer? Don’t worry; you aren’t the only one to struggle to find the best I-beam spirit level.
Finding the right beam spirit level is often difficult because you have many options in your search. Choosing from these can make things pretty daunting, especially when most levels offer similar features.
Fortunately, we are always here to help our visitors find the right tools they need. In this comprehensive guide, we have reviewed some of the best I-beam spirit level options. Make sure to consider these and quickly find the best one per your preferences.
Top 10 Best I-Beam Spirit Levels in 2022
Sometimes it can be pretty daunting to find the right I-beam spirit level, especially when you don’t know which of the available options is the best to go with. To help you find the best I-beam spirit level, we have enlisted the top 10 options. Make sure to have a look at the overview of each and choose the one that’s ideal for your applications.
1. Craftsman CMHT82344 I-Beam Level Tool 24″ [Best Overall]
This multi-purpose I-beam vial has rotating vials that make it easier to check the level from the top. Due to its rotating vial, you can also use it as an inclinometer. The size of this beam level makes it suitable for most of the toolboxes. Most importantly, this three-vial level helps you take multiple measurements. Above all, this box beam level is accurate and highly durable with quick-to-read vials.
- Magnetic attachments can make it easier to use this vial hands-free during metal surface applications.
- Visible vial from the top view
- Rotating vial (can be an inclinometer)
- Ruler scale
- The magnetic attachment of this level tool may not be strong enough for some users.
2. Stanley Fatmax 1-43-554 I-Beam Magnetic Level 24″
This Stanley FatMax I-Beam level is 60 cm in length and magnetic level. This magnetic level is strong enough to allow you to work hands-free on metal surfaces. FatMax beam has shock-absorbing caps at both ends to ensure durability and enhanced accuracy.
It also has two bi-material hand grips that make this magnetic level suitable for vertical leveling and carrying around.
- FatMax beam level has an improved vial view for ensured ease of use.
- On the other hand, this I-beam magnetic level has a ruler for an easier and more efficient measuring experience.
- The construction of this level isn’t that rigid comparatively.
3. Irwin 1801094 I-Beam Level 48″
It has a magnetic strip to work on metal surfaces. Its v-groove surface can make it easier to level pipes and other similar posts. Ultimately, you can easily and quickly perform any leveling job with this IRWIN Level.
This high-quality, accurate, durable I-beam level is suitable for construction applications.
- The rigid I-beam construction of aluminum makes this beam level a highly durable option
- Rotating angle vials of this I-beam level make it easier and more efficient to set angles per your needs
- V groove base
- Strip magnet
- It is magnetic, but the force needs to be improved.
4. Swanson Tool IBL240 Aluminum I Beam Level
Do you want an aluminum beam level that offers maximum durability? This Swanson beam level is the best choice for you to consider in this regard. Its shock-absorbing caps help ensure its reliability. Most importantly, the V-grooved surface of the Swanson beam level makes it highly suitable to work with round posts and pipes.
Above all, durable acrylic windows are here to provide enhanced protection to vials. Larger vials help you examine the surface level and post more easily.
- This sturdy and well-constructed beam level performs its job pretty well.
- Moreover, this accurate and high-quality beam level doesn’t cause any issues even when dropped off.
- Swanson aluminum beam level tool lacks measurement markings.
5. Johnson Level & Tool 1253-2400 Heavy Duty Aluminium I Beam Level
This heavy-duty, best I-beam spirit level has been exclusively designed for drywallers and general contractors. Johnson I-beam level features oversized vials to ensure maximum visibility. Most importantly, the size of the vials also makes this level easier to read even from a distance.
Due to its heavy-duty aluminum frame, the level can deliver unparalleled performance. Moreover, the box level also has a secure ergonomic grip for a secure and comfortable grip throughout your leveling task.
- This Johnson heavy-duty beam level comes with a lifetime guarantee to provide you with enhanced peace of mind.
- This I-beam level has a high-quality aluminum frame that helps it to withstand the harsh impacts at any Jobsite.
- This Johnson beam level lacks a magnetic strip to work hands-free on metal surfaces.
6. Kapro 130-62-24 Project Aluminum I-Beam Level
This best I-beam spirit level works well to determine vertical and horizontal planes. You can also use this lucrative option for checking inclination. It has three vials that you can use for different applications easily. It’s one vial is suitable for level, the second is for 45-degree incline, while the third is for plumb.
It has a V-shaped groove base that ensures stability and reliability when using this level for round posts. The aluminum body offers enhanced corrosion resistance and a lightweight beam level.
- This is an affordable I-beam level that works well for the price you pay.
- Moreover, this lightweight beam level is also accurate to use with other levels for any home application.
- This I-beam spirit level doesn’t have a magnetic strip and ruler.
7. Stanley 180 Heavy Duty Aluminum Rotatable Vial I-Beam Level
Stanley beam level has 180-degree rotating vials that make it a suitable level for use in various situations. The center vial of this Stanley level is visible from the top view to ensure enhanced readability from the upside. The rigid cross-section offers shock-absorbing, low-profile end caps for enhanced durability and reliability of this beam level.
- This beam level has a 180-degree rotating vial for easier level readings.
- The measuring scale of this beam level has been printed on the level directly to make layout work easier.
- The construction of this I-beam level seems less sturdy than other spirit levels on the list.
8. Stanley Fatmax I Beam Level 120 cm
Do you want a rigid and highly accurate beam spirit level you can rely on for different applications? Staley Fatmax is the best I-beam spirit level for you to consider in this regard. This offers high precision and accurate leveling with 1 mm per m accuracy.
The rigid construction of this beam level offers added strength. However, the availability of end caps in rubber makes them more durable. These shock-absorbing rubber caps make this beam level suitable even for rough and tough job sites. Above all, the availability of 3 vials makes it easier to level your posts horizontally and vertically.
- This Stanley beam level is lightweight, good-quality, and rigidly constructed to perform any leveling job accurately.
- It is highly useful to position anything accurately and at the right level.
- The handle grip cutouts of this beam level are unfinished.
9. Johnson Aluminum I-Beam Level 48″
This is a heavy-duty beam level whose body is made of aluminum for enhanced durability. It contains three vials. One of these works well for leveling, while the other two are lucrative for plumb. Most importantly, this Johnson beam level also has a top view vial to make it easier to read in different applications.
Above all, vials of this beam level are impact-resistant and stronger because they are made of ABS plastic.
- The 48 inches size of this aluminum beam level makes it suitable to level or incline the distant posts more efficiently.
- A heavy-duty aluminum frame ensures higher durability and accuracy of this beam level.
- This I-beam spirit level doesn’t have a V-groove base for round posts.
10. IRWIN 1801091 Magnetic I-Beam Spirit Level 24″
The aluminum construction of this magnetic beam spirit level is durable and rigid. You can not only use this tool to level and plumb your posts, but the rotating vial of the level also makes it easier to get your required angle. V-groove edge base of this beam level can help you to perform well on leveling pipe and other round surfaces. Moreover, you can also enjoy hands-free application with its magnetic strip.
- This heavy-duty aluminum level has a quality finish and enhanced accuracy.
- It has a rotating dial vial that will make it easier for you to find the right angle.
- The magnetic strip of this beam level isn’t strong enough.
How to Choose the Best I-beam Spirit Level
When choosing the best I-beam spirit level, you need to consider multiple factors in this regard. Do you want to know the important factors you must choose while choosing the best I-beam spirit level? Have a look at the ones we have mentioned below to understand things better:
1. Body Construction
The body structure of the beam level is usually the same, except for their length. You must prefer an I-beam spirit level that has heavy-duty body construction. Such beam spirit levels can provide enough structural strength while being lightweight.
2. The Durability of I-beam Spirit Level
Choosing the best I-beam spirit level that can withstand the toughest work environments is always better. The durability of your Beam spirit level mainly depends upon its material and construction.
It is always better to prefer buying aluminum I-beam spirit level. These levels are generally rigid, lightweight, and easier to carry around.
3. Cross-line Applications of I-beam Spirit Level
Although spirit levels are generally suitable to use for multiple applications. However, at times you need to use these for cross-line applications. These are the types of applications in which two perpendicular lines are required to level simultaneously. Choosing a spirit level with the cross-line application can be useful and help you to save time during installation work and construction.
4. Visibility of Vials
We all understand the importance of vials on a beam spirit level. The best I-beam spirit level always features easier-to-read and more visible vials. Some vials also have a backlight option that makes them easier to read, even on dark job sites.
Regardless of where you are using your beam spirit level, it must have easier-to-read and visible vials for enhanced efficiency.
So, these are the best I-beam spirit level options you have. You can easily look at the detailed overview of each option to choose the best one per your needs. However, if you want to get more precise recommendations, then here are our top 3 choices:
Do you want to get a multi-purpose beam spirit level at an affordable rate? CRAFTSMAN Level Tool, 24-Inch, would be the right choice for you. However, if you need to get the best magnetic beam level to work hands-free on metal surfaces. Then you can prefer investing in FatMax I-Beam Magnetic Level.
If you want a great spirit level for construction applications, then you prefer going with IRWIN Level, I-beam, 48-Inch.