A fingertip pulse oximeter is one of the examples of medical measuring devices that we can own in our home. Simply, no need to call a healthcare provider to use it. That’s why we cover it here as well.
Among the pulse oximeters that we can buy, the fingertip model is considered the simplest, easiest, and most portable. It only requires a small space for storage (small size) and powered by batteries.
Whatever the models, a pulse oximeter functions to measure the percentage level of oxygen in the blood (oxygen saturation). Unlike the other method, this device doesn’t require a needle, just letting your fingers clipped. Then, the reading is displayed on the screen.
We can use it independently to collect some data for health monitoring purposes. Moreover, it can act as an alert when the oxygen level is low. In the end, it helps the professional healthcare provider understand our health conditions.
If you are looking for the best fingertip pulse oximeter but have no time to do research, you are at the right stop. At the end of this article, we also provide you some basic guidelines to buy it. In the following, we cover 9 products we found purchased by customers with a great rating and reviews.
Keep in mind that we are not doctors or any healthcare provider. These are just the top 10 products that we see worth sharing with you.
|1. FaceLake ® FL400|
|2. ClinicalGuard CMS-50DL|
|4. Zacurate 500BL|
|8. AccuMed |
Top 9 Best Fingertip Pulse Oximeters
1. Facelake ® FL400 Pulse Oximeter
This is the first fingertip pulse oximeter that we share with you. It comes with the latest update for its battery installation. The battery life of this product is able to run for 30 hours for non-stop monitoring. For measurement, it takes 10 seconds for this device to read your SPO2 level and pulse rate. The readings result will be displayed on the large digital LED display.
When you buy this product, you will also get two batteries, a lanyard, a carrying case, pulse oxidation, and the user manual. This small medical instrument is appropriate to use for sports and aviation use.
This small device performs fast readings with a very close result. It also has good quality. However, if you are using it, make sure that you have no long fingernails. The long fingernails make the product cannot read the result easily. Also, it does not work if you have blue nails since it will trick the infrared system.
- Fast readings and the result is very close
- Good quality
- Good accuracy
- Remember, if you have long fingernails it can determine the effectiveness of this product. Also, it would not work for people with blue nail polish because blue will decrease the infrared performance
2. Clinical Guard Pulse Oximeter And Heart Rate Monitor
Use this fast, accurate, and reliable pulse oximeter to determine your SpO2 in just 8 seconds. A device is a perfect tool for health enthusiasts, even though it is not for medical purposes. The bright display helps you view it even in low light.
Additionally, the snap-off cover lets you change the batteries anytime you need it. Even there is a low battery indicator to replace your batteries. If you are not using it within 5 seconds, it will shut off automatically so that it can save battery life.
- Accurate product
- Easy to use
- Automatic off feature
- The data on the screen is facing away so that you should turn your finger toward reading the result, and this makes you feel awkward to use it.
3. CONTEC Blood Oxygen Monitor
This lightweight and convenient pulse oximeter comes with a bar graph and pulse rate information on the screen display. The portable device is also available with advanced technology. Once you put your finger inside the chamber, it will read your health condition such as the blood oxygen level.
If you are looking for a device that does not take too much battery life, this is it. It is available with an automatic shut down feature. This feature allows the device to shut down once it detects no finger within five seconds.
- Good for sports lovers to test your oxygen level in the blood after exercising
- The display is clear and bright
- The battery is included so you can directly use it
- No marks to tell how to place batteries so you need time to try the possible combination.
4. Zacurate 500BL Fingertip Pulse Oximeter Blood Oxygen Saturation Monitor
Do you need an accurate and reliable fingertip pulse oximeter? This device can determine the blood oxygen saturation levels, pulse strength, and pulse rate within 10 seconds. You can see the data from the big digital LED display. Whether you are bikers, skiers, mountain climbers, and other sports enthusiasts, this device is easy to read and easy to use.
What you should do is clip it on your finger and then press the button to turn it on. Also, it supports various finger sizes for teens ages 12 and above. The manufacturer designed the finger chamber with the support of the SMART Spring System. Other reasons why you should have it because it comes with a warranty. Also, it works with the battery to use anytime and anywhere.
- It provides some important information such as oxygen rate, heart rate rhythm, and heart rate
- This device shows its accuracy by showing the heart rate rhythm
- The peak flow meter is important to tell you the amount of oxygen that goes in and out.
- Some buyers reported that they got the defective product because it didn’t show accurate readings.
5. Innovo Deluxe Fingertip Pulse Oximeter with Plethysmograph and Perfusion Index
The manufacturer claims that the product is accurate and reliable based on the clinical tests they have made. It comes with the capability to tell you perfusion index and plethysmograph. It is about reading your SpO2 and pulse rate accurately.
Additionally, the device has some new features. First, it comes with an auditory alarm so that it will warn you when the pulse rate and the SpO2 level are beyond the set limits. Second, you will hear auditory beeps when it detects pulse. Even better, the brightness level is adjustable, as well. Other interesting features are it works with the battery and it has a lanyard.
- Easy to use
- It will flash when the oxygen saturation level is under 95 and when the heartbeat is below 60 per minute.
- Good for people with postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome, asthma, and anxiety
- The accuracy and the integrity of this product are no doubt!
- Few buyers wrote reviews that the product stopped working after one to two months. But, the manufacturer has replied to their reviews.
6. Choicemmed Sky Blue Finger Pulse Oximeter
What makes this product our choice is because it is easy to use. This pulse monitor has One Button Operation. Therefore, it will check your SPO2 with the sensor and then display the data. It checks your SpO2, PR, and pulse. Additionally, the pulse oximeter is reliable and accurate. Thankfully, it has a battery-low indicator to support its durability. Using this product lets you check for 30+ hours as its battery life.
In its box, it comes with a protective pouch, 2 alkaline batteries, and an adjustable neck lanyard. So, you can directly use it after unboxing it. This finger monitor is good for all ages, as well. Please note that it is not for medical use, but only for sports and aviation use.
- Good for people with COPD, people with lung problems, or it helps you to track your oxygen level before sleeping at night
- This unit works by measuring how red the finger.
- Good for the price
- The manufacturer should fix the device’s capability to read on cool fingers.
7. SM-150BL Santamedical Fingertip Oximetry
Just like other oximeters, this product comes with an accurate and quick pulse rate and SPO2 blood oxygen saturation level. However, this upgraded device comes for sports and aviation use. So, we do not categorize it as a professional medical device.
Once you put the batteries and then attach them to your finger properly, it will read your blood oxygen saturation level and your pulse. After that, you can see the data on the large LED display on this device. There are some benefits to having this oximeter. First, it comes with a lightweight design so it is easy to carry. Second, it is good for the family because it supports different finger sizes. Third, it also has a battery life that can last quite long.
- Reliable device
- Good for people who have to monitor the oxygen levels every day
- Easy to use
- Few buyers explained that the product was inaccurate.
8. AccuMed CMS-50D1 Fingertip Pulse Oxymetry
This pulse oximeter can complete different finger sizes. This device is great for all ages, starting from kids four-year-old and above. Also, it helps you read the oxygen level in your blood and read the pulse rate. The device works fast that only needs eight to ten seconds to show the data. If you want to get precise readings, make sure to not use this device in a stationary position.
Well, it works by using two batteries. Once you insert your finger into the finger chamber, it begins to read your health condition. What we mean here is the measurement for oxygen saturation level and pulse rate. Also, it will shut down automatically when it is not in use.
- It comes with a crisp display
- When you switch your hands, it will change the display orientation so you can easily read the result.
- Precise measurement
- It does not come with an auto-on feature
9. iProven Oxygen Monitor Oximeter
This is another accurate and consistent device to measure your oxygen saturation level. The product has passed the clinical test. Additionally, the device has a bar and alarm graph that tells you about the numbers better than other models. Whether you use it while exercising, sitting, or doing the daily routine, the number tells you your health status.
So, it is a small unit that tells you about oxygen saturation, pulse rate, and bar graph. If the SpO2 level drops under 94%, you will hear the alarm. The alarm also alerts you if your pulse rate is more than 130 or less than 50.
- Easy to insert the batteries
- The device is accurate
- Easy to use
- Some buyers explained that the product did unstable readings
Fingertip Pulse Oximeter Buying Guide
If you have no idea to find the best fingertip pulse oximeter, make sure that you use this guideline.
Make sure that the device you choose provides a high level of accuracy. It means that the accuracy rating should be 2% of blood oxygen levels. This is important for medical reasons. The accuracy result should be clear.
2. Size of the Scree
Generally, the size of fingertip monitors is for average hands. What should you do if your fingertip is larger or smaller than average? Of course, it will determine the accuracy of the data. Therefore, it is important to ask the medical professional whether the device is right for your hands, or not.
3. Warranty and Customer Support
Some products provide supports from the experts to make sure that you will get the right fit. Additionally, the warranty given by the manufacturer can help you a lot.
4. Ease of Use
Some of these devices, especially for a medical-grade product can alert you if it is in the wrong position. You should follow the instructions carefully. Also, make sure that you have your healthcare provider to help you take the measurement accurately.
5. The Battery Life and Durability
Battery life and the durability of the device are important to consider. Of course, you need a tool that has good battery life. One of the best battery features is that it will shut off automatically. Additionally, it should work for many years with the same performance, especially for its accuracy.
Be careful of what you buying. During this pandemic, the demand for pulse oximeters is getting higher. And the fingertip model comes as the simplest and portable one. However, you need to be aware of the price. According to a test published in Pubmed.gov, more than half (4 of 6) low-cost finger oximeters provide large errors.
7. FDA Approved
How do you know that a fingertip pulse oximeter is legit and trusted? One of the best ways to do it is by checking whether the device is FDA-approved or not.
Q: How does a fingertip pulse oximeter work?
A: This small unit is specially designed in the form of a finger clip. Simply, attach it to your finger, and the beams of light from this unit will pass through the blood in the finger. Therefore, it can measure the oxygen level and heart rate.
Q: How to check if a medical device is FDA approved?
A: So far, what we know to verify that a certain medical device is FDA approved is by checking directly at the site. We find this page may help you search and verify the device.
So, here it is. You have read our full review of each of the 10 products. The ten products are quite many. Now, it can be confusing to choose the best ones. In this section, we are going to make narrower options. We think these 3 top products are worth your money.
- 1. Facelake ® FL400 Pulse Oximeter
- 2. Clinical Guard Pulse Oximeter And Heart Rate Monitor
- 3. CONTEC Blood Oxygen Monitor